This tutorial will teach you all about Perl Scripting from very basic for beginner to advance.
What is Perl ?
Perl (in long, Practical Extraction and Report Language). Perl is a programming language developed by Larry Wall, especially designed for text processing. It runs on a variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS, and the various versions of UNIX
What Perl used for ?
Perl is now used for a wide range of tasks including:
- system administration
- web development
- network programming
- GUI development
- and many more
How Perl becomes easy to Learn ?
If you have basic understanding of C or UNIX Shell then PERL becomes very easy to learn.
Features of Perl
Some important features of Perl listed here:
- Perl database integration interface DBI supports third-party databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, Sybase, and others
- Perl takes the best features from other languages, such as C, sed, awk, sh, and BASIC, among others
- Perl works with HTML, XML, and the other markup languages
- Perl interfaces with the external C/C++ libraries through XS or SWIG
- Perl supports both procedural and object-oriented programming
- Perl is Y2K compliant
- Perl supports Unicode
- The Perl interpreter can be embedded into other systems
- Perl is extensible
Here is a simple Perl example.
print("Perl Tutorial at codescracker.com");
Here is the output produced by the above perl program:
Perl Tutorial at codescracker.com
You will learn all about Perl one by one, in this tutorial series.
This tutorial is designed and developed to help all those Perl programmer who are beginner in this field.
You can follow this series of perl tutorial to get some basic skills about it very easily.
If you have some prior knowledge about computer fundamentals and how to program, then it becomes too easy to learn perl.
« CodesCracker Home Next Tutorial »
Like/Share Us on Facebook 😋